toyabusa's Hayabusa Starlet

mikuni

Sweet will call them in the morning or go over. Thanks man

Definitely call them before going over if it's a long trip. My experience with the stock lists has been far from 100% reliable. Theres a number of cars in Hamilton and Tauranga that aren't even on the list for some reason.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about time! I have a good space to do things now so it's a lot easier to get things done.

My chassis rails are pretty bad.... have been bent and straightened a few times.... I think they have to go for good 

What is Tony using now? I haven't seen or spoken to him in years

He's still running and developing the starlet and has a tubular front crossmember with RX7 hub/strut setup and compression arms back to the chassis rail area. It's all pretty clever and works well. 

Front of the car to the right: 

IMG_0323.JPG

View from the front: 

IMG_0321.JPG

Rear: 

IMG_0326.JPG

He used to bend it all the time, but the chassis is holding up better now. Although it's still made of tinfoil, so is getting quite fatigued. 

Touge on here crews for him and might be able to elaborate more. 

TMAC website: http://www.tmacracing.co.nz 

• 6 months later...

Soooo.... Sorting this diff. I am thinking of making some plates to hold the hub faces square where they should sit in the wheel arch at ride height. Then with the arms attached I can position the subframe so it is square and centered and then just move it up and down until the arms are in the right position at ride height. Arms horizontal?

I realise the hub faces will want to move in and out but you get what I mean.

Genius ideas welcomed

that sounds like a good plan. will the toe change as you move the subframe up and down? 

if anything make the sub frame to high in the car. its easy to space something away from the car if its to close but its a real pain in the arse to go the other way if you get my drift. 

I haven't had a good at it through the travel yet, by eye the arms look pretty equal so shouldn't change toe too much.

First things first I need to build a welding table that I can adjust to get perfectly level. Then I'll set the subframe up on that level and square up the hub faces to ride height and make a jig.

Definitely agree with making it high in the car so I can space it down. I'll try and sort a way to mock it in place and be able to run through full travel etc.

Quite daunting at the moment with no reference points lol