ignition timing on a 1600cc suby motor

bubblegoose

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nah i set it to tdc by watching the tappets and with a screwdriver in the plug hole

so i know it was accurate as :lol:

I have done that myself and got it wrong. Try again :D

Easily done by myself also :lol:

I also have done this, i had a mean back fire i was like hmmm timing?

180Degrees out

ok so it idles fine and sits happily at max revs (what ever that is) and cylinder 1 is firing at 5dbtdc on idle

but i get a real evil misfire and occasionally a flame fire back out the carb at about 4500 (just a guess)

any ideas?

all new plugs, leads rotor and cap, 155-175psi compression on each cylinder, im completly stuck on what next to try

ok so it idles fine and sits happily at max revs (what ever that is) and cylinder 1 is firing at 5dbtdc on idle

but i get a real evil misfire and occasionally a flame fire back out the carb at about 4500 (just a guess)

any ideas?

all new plugs, leads rotor and cap, 155-175psi compression on each cylinder, im completly stuck on what next to try

Check the power valve operation in the carb. If all electrical things are ok it might be blown or damaged

Corey

Try to find it on the net man cause it has been a while since I looked in one of those carbs.

The function is to give you the power between idle and main jets to stop back firing and smooth acceleration.

It is normally mounted in the center of the carb but alot of hitachi carbs (assuming you have this type) have them in the fuel bowl also.

Corey