Electronic Boost Controllers; which one?

Abarth

I have used a Profec B before. Really good backing and name etc etc and works mint. I have a mate who has just built a pretty big power Rb30 with 25 head and large turbo and he is running the Profect B as a choice. He rates them hard and has run them in all his turbo cars so far. Dont know why he likes them so much however.

The Eboost or Eboost2 are also pretty scmick, but expensive.

I was/am going to look more into ECU boost control settings as it would be cheaper and cuts down another peice of electrical equiptment that can stop working.

Gaz

Pretty keen on the Profec A as its reasonably cheap when compared to some others. Plus its got that cool Overtake button for hi boost.

Apexi AVC-r looks mean with the blue display, but costs heaps. Has a few cool functions like injector duty % and the display can show the boost as a gauge.

Right I got myself a black Apexi AVC-r for reasonably cheap.

Just finished installing/ test driving. In short its awesome.

So far I have only hooked up the essentials and have yet to wire in the TPS wire, injector duty wire, RPM's, etc.

On the test drive I set it the controller to off which boosted around .55 bar. I switched it to A setting and dialed the boost in at .9 bar which after some fiddling with the duty held consistent boost at .9 bar. B setting I am yet to dial the boost in. Almost feels that the boost is coming on earlier when compare to the standard electronic boost control.

Took the better part of a day to install as you have to find suitable places to mount everything, however it wasn't to bad to install.

Stoked

edit: pic

savcrblackpb3.jpg

After using those crappy boost taps, I would always go to electronic aye. Was actually gonna suggest the kit Jaycar do, but may have been a bit less than what you were after.

Did you get a solenoid from a wreckers? Curious how it's all done.

Your right some of those boost taps are shit. I had a no brand ball and spring type on my Uno Turbo which never held boost the fell apart on the motorway. After that I brought a Racepro tap which worked well, had a bit of boost spike but nothing bad.

I got the electronic control this time to lower the factory boost on my Punto as its winds up to 18psi standard. I cant see the turbo lasting that long doing that to it all the time. Plus its meant to my daily, I dont need another project car :lol:

The boost controller comes as a complete kit including the display, wiring harness, boost pressure sensor and boost solenoid. You just have to put it all in and find the right wires/pipes etc.

08072008545ux3.jpg