Diesel oils

efp0wa

As discussed in another thread of mine, i need to change my ld28s engine oil and coolant.

Is it going to be ok to use CAT Diesel Oil in my LD28? Will it be too advanced or contain to many cleansers etc.?

I ask about the CAT product as I can get it for free pretty much.

THanks

will be sweet bei. 15w40 i would think your engine will run.

just run the same shit as they'd run in like a 3406 or something and it will likely be sweet

Thanks, and Im not doubting your knowledge. But are you positve?

Oh and what is a 3406? Thats not a CAT machinery product code that i'm aware of.

jesus my car aint even diesel and im running it in there atm to get all he shit out of it.

i cant see any really big reason not to use it , the api rating is usually quite good and ive only really seen one grade of diesel oil which is 15w40

Incase you guys dont know a LD28 is a Diesel engine, not a petrol motor. I need a oil change and I can get the CAT oil for free/very cheap as i work at Goughs.

Never knew you could run diesel oil in a petrol motor :-)

Anyway this cat oil is a 15W-40 CAT DEO Engine oil.

CAT ECF-1/API CI-4/SL

ACEA E5/B4/B3/A2

BM 228.3/MAN 3275

Does that all make sense to anyone?

After getting some more information from the service supervisor i've decided that I will not use the cat oil due to the fact it has far many more cleansers than any other diesel oil and that may cause sludge from any other oils in the motor to get dislodged and may cause problems lowering the compression.

I also work at Goughs and run CAT DEO 15w/40 in my petrol serina van with no issues.

It does have more cleaners than some oils but that is not a bad thing either.

I have brought it and run it in many diesel trucks, tractors, utes and cars for over 15 years with no worries or let downs.

Being a diesel I would say go for it.

Corey

Another Goughs employee eh 8)

What do you do at Goughs?

So you reckon its going to be ok to run the CAT Oil in the LD28? It won't screw it up in anyway?

I work in the truckshop most of the time but do other stuff when it is quiet also if it is to quiet I have been known to be a broom jockey :lol:

I would if it were mine, it is one of the most advanced oils available and Catapiller was the first to make diesel oils in the world so I would have to say they have a slight advantage lol.

Make sure you run the correct oil filter no matter what the brand as there are quite a few that fit.

Are you an apprentice??

Corey

i thoight it was magnatec for deisels and then it fucked ur engine and then you sued castrol and then castrol went near bankrupt and then they got bought out by BP. etc. u shud buy shell oil cos they have a prettier logo

LOL I thought mobil has the best under the pegasus logo :lol:

Corey