reccuring engine fuck up pt. 2

Trigga

so ive got an 81 ex and its a 4g32 and the story goes like this

replaced cambelt and was off timing and caused the engine to backfire etc, eventually with a whole lot of oil shooting out the back of the head onto the firewall

today i fixed the timing belt, cleaned the sparkplugs and tried to fire her up, she ran for about 10sec before dying and once again spitting oil all out the back of the block, now ive noticed a crescent shaped hole in the back of the rocker cover and thats where the oil is coming from

is the hole meant to be there or have i blown it through having the timing off?

also, when i put a little bit of fuel in the top of the carb it fires up but only for a short while then same problem occurs

any help is appreciated, cheers

is it a half circle roughly in line with your cam? , if so thats the machining mark and usually has a rubber block to slip in there

next is if thats not there you could get a huge vac leak if your breather is somhow connected after the carb (right below it etc)

and that will cause the motor to not run / very irratically

been long time since had 4g32 but IIRC its not part of the rocker cover gasket. I would say your timing is still out and somehow its got compression to the sump, pressurizing the crankcase. But then again I have been known to be completely wrong....

is it a half circle roughly in line with your cam? , if so thats the machining mark and usually has a rubber block to slip in there

im pretty sure i need one of these

so my engine should be OK? with the block in there?

if its a half cirlce type thing AND your engine breather or anything else from rocker to manifold goes to the bottom of the carb then yes if it dont fix it , itll make it run 100% better

sweet. ill find something to plug it

also, the car doesnt really fire up very well, it seems like the carb is blocked or some shit cause it only turns on if you pour fuel into the carby, any help here?

im bad at carb'd engines, this is my first OS car :P

Those fucking things always fall out. I've lost heaps.

Figure out which is the idle mixture screw and wind it out maybe. Or replace the carb?

BUT dont touch anything till you fix that gap just in case , seeings as it starts when you enrich the mixture it could be a vacuum leak orr un tuned carbs .

got the seal today, didnt make the car turn on

it still turns over but wont fire up, wouldnt even fire up when i sprayed tons of that engine start CRC spray shit into the carb, i wish it had a choke

so now should i turn the idler screw outwards left and replace the fuel filter? or just get a whole new carb?

Check the following

A) Are you getting spark? Remove leads from plugs, shove a screwdriver in there, place above a bolt/earthing point and crank. Look for a clean strong white arc. Do not touch it unless you are a fuckwit

B) Are you getting fuel? Check if your plugs are wet with fuel after cranking, or remove your carb and look for fuel in the inlet manifold. I'm guessing this aint the issue seeing as you cranked the CRC shit

C) Timing. Make sure your distributor is round the right way, and that your ignition leads are plugged in in the right order, that your plugs are in good nick and are blackened, and that your points are all g

D) Compression. Get some mofo with a compression tester to see if you have cranking compression.

Probably other shit too

Check the following

A) Are you getting spark? Remove leads from plugs, shove a screwdriver in there, place above a bolt/earthing point and crank. Look for a clean strong white arc. Do not touch it unless you are a fuckwit

B) Are you getting fuel? Check if your plugs are wet with fuel after cranking, or remove your carb and look for fuel in the inlet manifold. I'm guessing this aint the issue seeing as you cranked the CRC shit

C) Timing. Make sure your distributor is round the right way, and that your ignition leads are plugged in in the right order, that your plugs are in good nick and are blackened, and that your points are all g

D) Compression. Get some mofo with a compression tester to see if you have cranking compression.

Probably other shit too

usually if the dizzy is 180 out there will be rather large flames blowing out the carb rofl .

and what he siad i thought it was running before but shit, if it aint running on ether then somthing is pretty wrong

Check the following

Probably other shit too

A) Tested that, spark plugs are all good

B) If i take off the fuel hose it pisses fuel all over the ground and shit, its definately pumping

C) I dont know which way round it should be or which plugs go into which holes - need help here

D) Will try suss that shit this week

True stz, although it's happened to me and all I got was a car that sounded like it wanted to start, no flames, just backfiring

Could just be no spark.

when i put the CRC shit in the carby it caught on fire briefly lol :P

its turning over but not starting and its making a loud popping sound sometimes