Matt green

ae70-82

Hey I was just wondering whats a decent paint to use.

lll be painting onto aluminum panels ( landrover ) though painting over the top of old paint ( so no worries about it sticking ) and I aint all to worried about the quality as im just going to lazily brush it on , decided to got with Matt green .

What sort of stuff should I be looking for/would you guys recommend ?

Im not to bothered with the finish but at the same time I dont want it falling of at the first sign of a stray tree.

mean that your working on the landy again boe, You may want more heavy duty stz but just go in and ask for an acrylic lacquer green of your choice and get them to flatten it out. It sticks well if you do good prep and 3-4 coats and you can wash it. There is better but thats the cheapest that gives good results

Sorry off topic/dono answer

What model landrover is it etc? ... start a project thread landrovers are mean. :mrgreen:

mean that your working on the landy again boe, You may want more heavy duty stz but just go in and ask for an acrylic lacquer green of your choice and get them to flatten it out. It sticks well if you do good prep and 3-4 coats and you can wash it. There is better but thats the cheapest that gives good results

I just got a series3 1979 shortened down to a 100 inch wheel base from a 109 , running 2.25 litre goodness

got a few range rover chassis kicking around i was thinking about using for it and 3 other series 3's for parts , but right now just going to put it all back together quickly , hopefully haha . luckily landrover is just a big old mechano set , you can get the whole body of or on in a few hours .

and yeah almost finished the ae70 so I thought i need something else to do and ill go grab some paint next week then once i got some money . but wont start this till thats done

• 2 weeks later...