what crossmember to use for a 4g63t ex lancer?

DavidTheCreator

search, there's like 4 people on here with 4G63 EX Lancers...

if you have a 1200cc Lancer then you'll need a 1600cc EX Lancer cross member, otherwise if your EX is a factory 1600cc then a 4G63 will bolt up where the 4G32 was.

yea this been covered heaps so have a look around but ill type cos im a good cunt, i think me and trigger had a bit of a nutout of heaps of shit in his project discussion

to use factory shit and it all "bolt straight up" lancer 1600cc or sigma x member, u can use 1200c xmember like macabre did but he made custom mounts

sigma xmember does allow you to use sigma swaybar (bigger) aswell but mounts the engine etc about 1cm further rearward than the lancer 1600cc xmemeber, which isnt good if your going twincam as theres allready some bfh needed to be done to the firewall to make cas etc fit

cant use sigma swaybar with lancer xmember it doesnt fit (i tired it)

Like every1s already said...

If you've got a 1600 Ex can use that x-member :wink:

but if you've got a 1200 can decide weather to fit 1600 or Sigma (or could mod. the 1200)

Pros and cons for either, but 1600 x-member probably be the easiest 8)

but you can run the "Bigger" Sigma sway bar with the Sigma x-member

should check out Ke36's build up viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10955

(he's using the 1600)

or mine viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13789

(using the Sigma front end)

Just one annoying point, the rubber mounts from a 1600 lancer wont fit a 4g63, you need sigma/starion/l200/other rwd 4g63 rubber mounts. Most of the time these will come from the donor vehicle, but if your using a FWD 4g63, you wont have em.

Or, you could just butcher it into position like this awesome example i used to own (no, i didnt do the conversion):

dsc00191.jpg

How the hell they actually got that motor on the mounts, and the mailshaft bolted up i never quite figured out. Bonus was that the motor was so far forward, the sigma gearbox shifter didnt hit on anything inside, hah!

Fuck that car went like stink tho, Sold it way to cheap because i didnt realise just how awesome it was, hah.