Chevette hesitating at speed... help!

sgtjackass

Hey fullaz, got my chevette all sorted, so i thought. Weber was rebuilt and rejetted, most of the ignition system (minus coil and leads) replaced and extractors fitted with 2" exhaust and tuned- 70hp at wheels :rolleyes: . Now however, after a few umm high speed runs, i have discovered that if ive been hard on the gas for a while it will suddenly loose all power and will cough and fart for a bit. Im a bit lost, all i can think of is that the float bowl is bein sucked dry. Otherwise it runs mint, and embarresses a few hoodie boys in their civics. Any of u chaps had something similar happen? any help would be appreciated as i cant afford any more dyno time.

Cheers

no sheets unfort, dyno was an old style tuning dyno, with just a big dial next to it, dont know how accurate it was :? . Gotta recomend those guys cause they were awesome and charged reasonably - Engines and tuning ltd, st john street, Tauranga. It goes alryt, im used to modernish fuel injection so its rough as guts to drive, hardly idles and is loud as, vibrates heaps, is a pig to start and has lots of (cam?) lag. real thirsty if i give it shit. it will probly be making less now caus ive backed off the timing so i can run 96 instead of 98 plus octane booster. Im gunna go to pik a part 2day and scope out a electric pump off a carby car. hopefully thatl fix the prob.

cheers 4 ur help

yup will do wen i have a spare sec. i need new wheels and tyres 4 it caus i want to increase the rolling diameter as i do alot of highway miles from tauranga to palmy for study. the paint is pretty much f**kd and interior is pretty sad, ive spent lots fixing shitty repairs and dodgy mods so its been abit of a money pit. but almost got all the niggly issues sorted. 100bhp out of a 1256 is possible, but does not make for a nice to drive car, plus you wouldnt want to be be seeing that figure often as by that stage its revving so hard and feels like its going to blow.