zinc plating

Jase

I had all the Mercedes project nuts and bolts that I didn't buy new grey or yellow Zinced and they looked great. No issues with thread bind.

I don't know that it is a good idea on springs though. The heat may make them brittle? Best to check with someone in the industry.

I am having a boat trailer re-galvanized late next week and they don't want to touch the leaf springs

Guest vvega

cracks and falls off after a few compressions and your left with a yuck looking spring.... best to get springs blasted and powdercoated...that way you get a lasting finish

they do a ":like" metalic silver powdercoat looks fantastic

Guest vvega

Oi heaps of after market springs are powder coated if the do it properly and thick its basically a plastic coating only cheap/thin jobs crack cheap bbq's etc, oh and its diddy

zinc coating ftw! coaxed mate at work who built trailer for his quad to do it with a 10 yr garuntee you cant really go wrong .

also nah ive seen the zinc crack under stratch and compression and the heats they use for hot dip although not extremely high, i wouldnt put anything heat treated near them for piece of mind

^ Cheap. Bolts don't need to be that clean as they dunk them in acid.

The boat trailer is going to cost $2 per kilo of the parent metal to be galvanised. The trailer is about 5 meters long and I guess weighs 130 kgs.

All the bolts etc. that I did for the Mercedes came to about $80 I guess

will be getting two gemi crossmembers done two sets lower and two sets upper a arms,

sway bar cups bumper brackets engine mounts sump,

diff housing once its shortened and lower arms etc

will have to get it all out and take some pics when its ready,

will use forlong maisey likely in te rapa hams