Esprit's sexseige (newschoolspaceship)

Unclejake

Oh, and speaking of ECU bodges, nothing could be more Bodge than the Factory ECU I'm running.... it's a re-wire of the Lotus ECU for the Esprit V8 Twinturbo.... plug it into the diagnostic machine and it tells you that you've got a serious misfire in cylinder number 8... quite a feat for a 4 cylinder car! ;)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm

was the e spree flatplane crank ? ....

its funny how stock ecu setups work

lots of toyota's run the same trigger setup 24/2 even the uz is a 24/2 setup

so as long as you can get the base timing set you pritty much swap them

ive put a 4agze ecu on a 4afe (diferent head ..) a 3sgte on a 4age ... and ... by swapping map sensor and injectors .. made a 1jzge into a 1jzgte... and if you use those same calculations on the 4age/ 4agze ecu ... the 4agze injectors are ruffly what it would take to do the same swap on a a 4age...... with the ge computer (early gze motors were also distributed)

i prolly need to spend more time making something worthwhile than just playing with shit to see if it can be done

BTW i have a storm in my hilux...... so if your around ill chuck on the laptop and you can have a play

Esprit was flatplane crank yeah... it's basically two Lotus 910 Twincams on a common crankcase, very cool engine that.

Cool Wayne... I'll have to do my reseach on ECU choice... until now I'd just assumed Emerald because it was the default choice, but if I can see a convincing argument to go otherwise then that's where I'll go :)

kk yeah flatplane would make sence for a ecu swap... well in my head

no worries mate ecu's have changed a LOT in the last 6 months so there is a lot of reading to do

... ops winnie just txt back... cufuzzed as fuck :D

misson successful :D

• 3 weeks later...
dsc00737ce9.jpg

Plz

Hahaha nice! My warnings are a little more subtle, but then again I'm thinking about the weight too! ;) I'll also be doing without the condiment dispenser on the pax-side dashboard that that car has... my passenger can organise their own ketchup/mayo/mustard thankyou very much! ;)