1g Pooness

Alistair

Stupid 1g-e motor fires for a couple of seconds then dies again, has plenty of fuel and spark. Havent changed anything on it that i can think? Bar turning the crank pulley when i was getting the flywheel bolts off? Anyone in east auckland with timing light that can come have a look at my stz? Im stumped/an idiot anyway.

Thanks bowls.

Back to the issue at hand - if I am reading the description correctly it does not sound like timing. It the motor will start and run for a few seconds then die the advance/retard settings are not the culprit.

I don't know what a 1G is so will shut the fuck up now.

Yeah I was gonna say timing seems unlikely. Kinda depends on exactly what its doing. Will it kinda get closer and closer to starting while you crank and then eventually start and then die? Or does it start straight away and die straight away?

ive delt with this probelem before.

basically, as Mike-e said, your ecu is getting the wrong/no signal from some sensor.

the toyota ecu's have two seperate bits, one for strat up and one for running. the start up ecu needs fuck all in the way of feedback, but once its running (over 800RPM i think) it switches over to full ecu. at this point the ecu finds that one sensor/plug/fucking anything is missing and shuts the whole shabang down.

get the error codes and work from there. you will be fucking around for AGES trying to find what piss ant little thing is fucked without them.

sheepers.

Thanks man. Anyone know how the diag works on 1g? Its a little black diagnostics box by the fuses etc. I assume you put a buzzer or light on a couple of the terminals to give you dots and dashes type deal? Or is that just mitsis?

bro your thinking of morse code.

you bridge the Te and E1 pins in the diag plug to pull toyota codes, chuck the key on "on" and providing you've wired the engine checklight up it flashes the first digit, then the second digit. constant steadily flash is no codes

checklight wiring is W pin of ecu -> 12v bulb -> earth to chassis

/ do what sheepers said

Yeah wiring is untouched. Will check this afternoon, does the digit just show up in the gauge cluster somewhere? Im assuming it will say something about the auto not being plugged in, but i have tricked the wiring so that the neutrel safety switch is overridden so it starts etc.