twosmoke

I think its mostly so they take up less height

The carbs on a bike will probably sit differently to a car because with a bike its made so that when the bike acclerates, the fuel is pushed backwards so it will sit in the bowls properly but with a rwd car the fuel will move sideways in relation to the bowl, so just aim to get the bowl flat

CVK just means that its a constant velocity or constant vacuum carb, and the k is something kawasaki added I believe, where the other type of motorbike carb is the slide type, do some googling and you'll find out their differences

In the pic you can see the bowls sitting relatively flat compared to the runners, yours will probably be very similar, chuck up a picture or something and im sure we'll figure it out

imgp0789rg9qb5.jpg

Guest vvega

bikes are downdraft....believe it or not gravity helps ...and it allows them to keep a straight run to the head...every turn reduces effective resonance so reduces tuning potential

theres a few more reasons :D

CVK = constand velocity Klein carb...as has been pointed out but the man with the very blue motor :D

bikes are downdraft....believe it or not gravity helps ...and it allows them to keep a straight run to the head...every turn reduces effective resonance so reduces tuning potential

theres a few more reasons :D

CVK = constant velocity Keihin carb...as has been pointed out but the man with the very blue motor :D

yeah, now most bikes use the downdraft setup, but most old bikes(that ive seen) use a sidedraft type setup, as with rwd-starlets carbs, so yeah, mount them like they are sitting in you top pics or you could probably mount them leaning slightly down towards the motor, and i dunno what the efi setup looks like

Guest vvega
The fuel bowl seems to sit pretty much horizontal... so I would pretty much have to run them like a set of side draughts? Or possibly have the runners turn 180 degrees and run like the 4K-E EFI setup?

Here are the pics as requested, sorry for the crappyness.

]

man them some olllld carbs

depends the age really, if you wanna keep your whole ride oldschool then you can buy a whole bike for a few hundy

and then as you get newer, it becomes more expensive, where mine (year 2000 carbs) cost circa 300, and then theres the later model stuff which has become electronic injection which im led to believe isnt that hard to do if you know what your doing

plus you need custom manifold and to modify the carbs slightly to suit your motor