radiator cap question

Kingpin

when i had it, it was running something stupid like 5psi. i then put a 14psi i think? because after 10 minutes of running, it would blow its load everywhere through the radiator overflow. dont actually know what it SHOULD be running

+1

The only reason radiator caps (and the associated system) run pressure is to raise the boiling point of the water.

Recovery system caps (for vehicles with an expansion tank) have a poppet valve in the centre of the sealing disc that allows water back into the radiator under the gentle vacuum created by a cooling fluid. I reckon you can use a recovery cap on a non recovery system but not the other way around.

I could be filled with shit though. BDA will advise shortly no doubt.

+1

The only reason radiator caps (and the associated system) run pressure is to raise the boiling point of the water.

Recovery system caps (for vehicles with an expansion tank) have a poppet valve in the centre of the sealing disc that allows water back into the radiator under the gentle vacuum created by a cooling fluid. I reckon you can use a recovery cap on a non recovery system but not the other way around.

I could be filled with shit though. BDA will advise shortly no doubt.

UJ is full of shit

luckily its the good kind (but don't tell him that)