How to deloom/engine bay tidy

spanners

So my sev has a pretty messy looking engine bay, wires fuckin everywhere and nothing that shiny or nicely painted.

I know its quite a broad question and seems obvious but I thought I would ask anyway - what are some simple things to do to get my engine looking like a show car? Im pretty serious about this so even the most exotic ideas are welcome...

Thanks OS lads

Run all wires in loom tape or wire sheild either:

Down chassis rail then under or nicely on the crossmember, you wont see them then.

or

Through gaurds which may be a problem, with the 7 :lol:

i have 2 engine bay looms on my car cause im too scared to cut off shit cause i might break something lol ... so ive moved my batt to the boot and im thinking ill just fold up a piece of stainless or alloy to look like a air box and hide my fuse box and extra wires in there.. also you can by those braided line sleeve kits they might be worth a try hide some wires with some braided line .. flash

It depends how hard out you want to go I guess.

I left my fuse box exposed but the wires come... Out the passenger side of the firewall right by the fuse box. Then into fuse box & directly out the otherside they disapare into the gaurd. Then they mission it through the stut towers behind the strut and pop out by the starter, this does starter and coil and oil pressure. The rest cary on through the gaurd and then into the front valence where I have multiple relays for lights and horn. They then either go to the drivers side for horn and lights or backtrack to the passenger side lights.

Pic = here. I wouldnt call it show delooming but its def alot tidier than standard.. Plus you get the benifit of running new wire, fuses, and relays, which in an old cortina is a good thing as they didnt have half that shit to start with.

My battery is in boot so bat cable runs down chassis rail on P clips, then to starter. From starter to fuse board to supply a constant 12v.

lower012.jpg

not sure about 3s's... but i know on SR20DET's and *coff*honda engines*coff* you can flip the injectors upside down and run that wiring loom under the intake which makes it look a lot cleaner. you got this thing in PKB? i gotta come check it out some time

Yeah its not there at the mo and probably be stored out the hutt most of the time but if you are keen el-pieso I will take you for a blast.

Anyone know who does cheap chroming? And who does HPC? And powdercoating?!?!?1?1?

edit

4153513842a7180296431l.jpg

this is a photo - see my dilema?

23102006026ka6.jpg

Ok im talking something close to this shit. Probably not so flash but I will try.

So you fellas reckon just cut and paste basically? Like extend any wires that need it and clip the fuckers to the chassis?

Im buzzing out (cos im fuckin wasted) cos I dont quite understand how they make it look like an EFI motor has no wires at all. Do they move all the plugs or something. I kinda reckon that no matter how many wires I try and hide Im gonna have heaps of ugly shit poking its head out all over the place. I want the mickey shit so when I stack my car the hearse drivers go "oooooooh, aaaaaaah"

Detailing an engine bay is just a cunt. But like everyone has said, run all the wiring etc through the guards, under chassis rails and anything else you just literally hide it where you can.

I think some piping etc looks better seen that absolutly everything hidden.

Heres my engine bay, Not everything is hidden as you can see but it's decently tidy and took a lot of time and effort to get it that way.

2283819917a6148455390l.jpg

I'm not sure what part of NZ you are in but there are loads of people that do chroming and polishing, just look it up in your phone book. A trick with polishing mild steel also, i think it's mild steel, is since it will eventually go rusty again as moisture gets to it, you coat with clear coat reasonably well and it won't get surface rust, a couple parts of mine that I had done are still good after almost a year now.