WTF is this off?

ThePog

I don't know and I can't see why you think it is an east west engine.

What I do see is likely OHC, possibly precrossflow (but the port spacing is a bit wide), probably alloy head and water cooled.

They are possibly Datsun L series and could be two of three manifolds

The carb mounting is for twin Weber DCNF's which is what was bolted to the manifold. These have a float bowl orientated for an east west engine or a V type - these carbs are used on V6 Capri's, X1/9's, Maserati V6's etc.

So unless someone designed a manifold knowing the carbs were going to be orientated incorrectly, it is for an east west engine.

End of lecture/uninformed rant.

I doubt it's a 6 because you can see the gasket outline all the way round and the join in the middle. = 4 or possibly half a set from an 8, but unlikely. Definitely crossflow of some sort unless the ports were very strange indeed for the ex side. The east west thing seems logical for another reason too : firewall space. they are designed to be stumpy, and would sit fairly tall needing a lot of room upwards. So, transverse with the inlets at the back and ex on the front. That rules out some vw engines at least. Not sure what else.

Other than that, I have no idea :-)

Interested to see/hear though.

Fred.

I doubt it's a 6 because you can see the gasket outline all the way round and the join in the middleFred.

But why the join in the middle and the half cut bolt holes? The half cuts look like they would accept an exhaust manifold but the inlet spacings are too wide for ant precrossflow I can think of.

Some odd pre-crossflow OHC engines (yes they exists) have the exhaust ports significantly below the inlet ports.

HOWEVER!!! I am not arguing with anyone on this thread. I treuwly have no idea what kind of motor these manifolds are off - except to say that I think it unlikely that they are from a diesel :badgrin:

This topic has me stumped.

Do the casting numbers start with WO?

The carb mounting is for twin Weber DCNF's which is what was bolted to the manifold. These have a float bowl orientated for an east west engine or a V type - these carbs are used on V6 Capri's, X1/9's, Maserati V6's etc.

So unless someone designed a manifold knowing the carbs were going to be orientated incorrectly, it is for an east west engine.

Would that rule above also apply to a boxer engine? You are talking of things I know little about

I think it is definitely a 4 cylinder crossflow as the carbs were linked up in the middle, as per most twin sidedraft or downdraft setups, and set up like this the head side flanges were right next to each other....

The port spacing looks to be the same for all 4 too.

The casting numbers are WO 6264 - 2001 on both parts.

Would that rule above also apply to a boxer engine? You are talking of things I know little about

Boxer engines have inlet port pairs running north south, so take IDF style downdrafts. VW/Alfa 33 carbs can be used on rear drive fiat twin cams (or anything similar) with the correct manifold.