• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey man thats awsome

looks liek a dam good car to start with :D

love teh 1uz's myself there chioce

Haha you can thank glenns stoopid rina for me going 1uz! Having it downstairs revving its nuts off all the time definatly sold me on it! So two 1uz powered yotas at our place soon!

youve got heaps of pinga to spend on it aye?

Fucken mint. Buy some brand new SSR Mk3s for it, bright red centres, 15x10s, matty b bolt on flares, slammed to the hizzack, twin boso side pipes.

Twin turbo 1uz, hell, airbag the bitch, would be mean.

Roffle wouldnt say heaps, and cant be focked with FI on this project, maybe cams or the m90 blower setup that a1 turbos is finished up r&d on at the moment... Will get it going in skidable form first and then roffle from there.

Assuming beemer sells next week ill have the cash to do it, so wouldnt expect more than a a couple months but who knows with these things.

At this stage its looking like an easy conversion, assuming i get the mounts side of thing sorted. There are a number of cressidas with 1uz around the world and a reasonable amount of knowledge, especially on this guys site (who im getting mounts from) about his cressy 1uz conversion http://conceptual.net.au/~peewee/

I want to try and do as much as i can with this so might take me a little bit to get my head round it but we'll see.

when hes talking uzx73 and uzx61 mounts he actually means his custom ones right? those cars never actually got the v8 from the factory. so i think he is meaning mounts made to fit a uz in an X61 will give more clearance in an X73 as the X73 crossmember is a different shape. something like that?

when hes talking uzx73 and uzx61 mounts he actually means his custom ones right? those cars never actually got the v8 from the factory. so i think he is meaning mounts made to fit a uz in an X61 will give more clearance in an X73 as the X73 crossmember is a different shape. something like that?

Yeah confused me, where hes adding uz to the code means his custom mounts, but just wondering whats going to fit best in mine.... since mine is neither 73 or 61 its gx71...

the guy is peewee from auzzie,

my flat mate brought mounts from him for his gx71 seemed to fit good, i used the ma61 mounts for my soarer, well copied some and def fits alot diff to the cressida..

You will have clearance issues around brake booster and clutch master,

extractors are a nightmare with very very minimal clearance around steering shaft.

Sorry that was me that wrote the post above!!

he got them at least 6 months ago, id say they be fine but doesnt sound to good.

i should have copied evans gx71 ones!! i still have one set of ma61 mounts that could be made/modded to fit ya cressy,

see if hell make you a set of revised ones..

Sorry that was me that wrote the post above!!

Who will be doing the fab work etc?? i feel sorry for them make drivers side extractors!! took me maybe 20 hours

I wouldn't bother getting those mounts really. You'll need a lot of fab work done regarding extractors and the issues mentioned above regarding brake boost and clutch master.

You might as well just put that $300 towards paying a good fab cunt to do all the stuff himself and dummy up the engine so you know it will be perfect and you don't have to piss around trying to chase down that aussie dude if those other mounts don't work.