hilux rearend jamming up when doing axels up

Ke36

hey guys yet another saga with my car, my freshly shortened hilux rear end is giving me grief

when i try to bolt(4 splined bolts) the passneger side axle into the housing it jamms up the whole rear end and it wont spin

i can get it so the two mating faces are about 3mm apart then it just locks up the diff, its also farking hard to get it to tighten up flush almost like there is something its hitting on/pushing against

not the axels as i tried both ones in it both do the same and both are fine on the other side

axel engages the diff fine and spins sweet untill you try to do it up nice and tight

the diff has been locked but i dont think it is that as it spins sweet untill you try to tighten it that last little bit

is it possible we fucked it up when locking it?spun round sweet out of the car and as said is fine till the last bit

axels allready have like 20mm chopeed off

this was to save shortening and re splining them

dont think i can chop anymore off :?

i assume rather than my axels being too long that side of the diff is actually a few mms to short?aas both work fine on the otherside

and it doesnt matter if i only have that one side in it still binds up

could i put a tiny spacer inbetween the flanges of the axel and housing?this would probly fuck with the load paths etc tho as the bearing sirs in the end of the housing doesnt it

other option is could have we welded one of the bolts (through some in the middle of the gears when welding) to stop it sliding in enuff? i doubt theyd go that far in tho as they only have a couple of cms of spling on them so wouldnt go right in the middle

i will ring the engineering place that did it twomorrow and talk to them

looks like the whole things comming out again!!

where the spline ends on the shaft is it smaller? i.e binding where the spline ends and shaft continues?

yea rang the engineer today and that was his suggestion, this bit is probly getting stuck due to the fact its not sticking the 25mm further out cos of the amount of spline that had to be cut off

am taking the axel in twomorrow to get the bit machined down

hopefully solves all my probs 8)

weird how it only does it on one side must be the way the diff head is