Alternative to KE30 strut?

coldturkey

Hi,

some monkey has drilled out the wheel hubs on my ke36 to fit larger wheel studs.

Since I want to change the studs back to standard I was wondering what sort of strut+brakes I could use as a replacement to the standard ones for a bit of a brake upgrade perhaps, or just anything that will work because it seems like everyone is buying ke30 struts/hubs at the moment and nobody is selling them!

• 1 month later...
haha damn, cause thats why im changing the studs, so I can run hotwires.. the studs are too long (and for some fucked up reason imperial thread) for shank and washer wheel nuts

Why don't you just buy imperial wheelnuts and hacksaw the existing studs down to a shorter length?

Also - wheel studs come in different knurl sizes. A 14.4mm hole fits the bulk of the aftermarket studs I think but some are smaller. If you really want to change studs look at the knurl size options.

Shortening studs is a 2 minute job with a hacksaw and another 1 minute on the bench grinder. I do it to my race car studs (but only to save weight of course 8) )

I don't know Toyotas but most I have driven already have good brakes and if you intend keeping 13 inch rims your caliper/rotor options are limited anyway