Fucking mitsubishi's.

treggo

Hey boes.

I have been gifted a 1.5l SOHC 1994 lancer that is in a bit of a state...

Body wise its a bit rough but that is all good, the biggest problem is that the car has a horrendous oil leak and has done in the big end bearings.

My question is, will swapping in one of its larger counterparts namely the 2l be fairly straight forward?

I'm fairly newb in regards to mitsi's so any info is much appreciated.

Cheers, Matt.

2L Lancer non turbo of that era? no such thing unless it is diesel.

The 1500 in that Lancer will most likely be 4G15 which is a really common engine, or could be a 4G91 if it is a jap import MX-extra model.

Is it carb or fuel injected? if injected if you fit a larger engine (ie 4G92 or 4G93) you'll have to swap over the ECU, AFM and injectors too.

Best bet is to find out what engine it has exactly, and find another replacement one.

2L Lancer non turbo of that era? no such thing unless it is diesel.

The 1500 in that Lancer will most likely be 4G15 which is a really common engine, or could be a 4G91 if it is a jap import MX-extra model.

Is it carb or fuel injected? if injected if you fit a larger engine (ie 4G92 or 4G93) you'll have to swap over the ECU, AFM and injectors too.

Best bet is to find out what engine it has exactly, and find another replacement one.

Yup. Fuck sight easier. Never know what insignificant things can turn a straightforward conversion into nightmare of your life.

• 1 month later...

Have finally had a good look over this car.

It turns out it isn't the 4g15 but the 4g92 and is a fuel injected sohc 1600.

Does anyone on here have hookups with fairly new mitsi motors? It has high k's so i would rather replace the motor than repair it.

Chur.