hello chevette owners in chch

Guest spaceghost

Guest spaceghost

hey folks other than having my datto as a project me and my partner recently purchased this beast

chevettegood.jpg

chevetteandmazda.jpg

so has anyone else in chch got a chevette its quite fun to drive it would be nice if it went a bit faster

Mean!!I'm so envious of you. This looked like a really good buy.Sexychevette on here nearly bought it I think.

So stoked to have another chevette wagon owner on Oldschool :D

What are your plans for the beast? I know a good engine to make it go a little bit better than the 1256 :wink:

Bugger,

Twas fully keen on that one too...

Had 3, (selling last one due to lack of time/commitment)

Guy Prozac on here has a White wagon (soon to have Gemini front end) and bought my old Gemini parts car, also collected one of my old Chevettes, and is getting the 3rd...

1980_ChevetteSedan on here had a mint 4 door sedan , till some pilloc rear ended it, insurance saw that he wouldnt get it back.

I know someone else with another White wagon & a bronze hatch, the Wagon Recieving a 4age, the Hatch just the daily till the white one is finished.

Only thing you need to complete your car is the stripe on the front guard!

Cheers,Chris

Guest spaceghost

wow theres a few of you sweet, yeah my partner fell in love with it as soon as she seen it and had told the guy we would buy it before i could even get it looked at but once we got it here its really tidy a big pile of paper work with it, its got new carpet motor rebuilt body just needs a paint some fatter wheels (i've seen some cool wheels on here) mikuni your've got a mint ride i searched for chevette and found your stuff i like the engine swap don't know if i wana do all that but as i'm doing all that to my 180b but it needs to go over 100 do they make a 5spd for them?

No, No 5spds , just the crappy old 4spd (tis pathetic in size when you pull them out) with the lift reverse :lol::rolleyes:

Gemini 1600/1800/2.0 SOHC's bolt straight in apparently, but you'd need to make a Gearbox mount and various other small things.

I can clarify however that a Gemini Wagon's (sedans are the same diff but the shock mounts are different) Diff will bolt straight in, just need to redrill the torque tube mounts, and swap the brakeline junctions over.

Also A14/A15 Datsun Engines apparently are quite a common swap.

Cheers,Chris

Guest spaceghost

sweet the gemini diff might be the go

i think we'll keep the engine unless it dies then me being the datsun man i will go down that path my old l18 was a beast

what about a set of su carbs or dellortos on it or is the 1256 just not worth it?

thanks lee

Personally wouldnt bother doing much to the 1256..

They are alright, can run quite smoothly, but theres not much point in doing much if you intend on re-powering anyway.

Biggest thing I can recommend , Unscrew the plunger ontop of the carb (will be either yellow or plastic looking thing) and when you put it back in you should feel a slight resistance just as you are about to screw it back in.

If not then pour a little ATV or thin grade oil down it till you get the effect ^. Will make it run alot better.

Cheers,Chris

They are a bullet proof motor most times, I guess they are under stressed ;)

I had a HB Viva years ago and for a laugh started it and put a brick on the accelerator while it was parked outside my house in Westport and went in and made a coffee then went outside and watched and waited.... and waited.... and waited.... it smoked and smoked and revved and revved and after about 10 or so minutes of watching it i decided i couldnt stand the full on revs any longer so turned it off.

• 2 weeks later...