2 Strokes

peteretep

So I got a 110cc scooter, its done 20000km's and when im driving along and the motor is under load at high revs, you can hear another sound coming from the exhuast.

Bad explanation but it sounds like someone sticking their tongue out and blowing(you know the sound... :lol: ) on top of the normal exhaust sound.

The bike is reasonably looked after, just got a new wof today

Any ideas?

Could be loose baffles etc.

You sure its coming from exhaust?

Could be reed valves a flappin. Fronte does that. Also could be random flap in the intake that helps control correct fuel air ratio. Fronte has one of them to. Both make flapping/clacky type sounds up high speed/rpms etc. Don't know if scooters have them. But thats what makes noises at load/speed on a fronte. And it is on the intake not the exhaust.

Probably carbon buildup in exhaust. Although shouldnt be after 20k

Nah. Wait until they break and fall into the crank case. Then you can have fun getting them out with an extended magnet thing. provided they are steel!

Shouldnt be getting tired at 20k though. If it runs. keep riding. unless it gets worse :lol:

Usually sealed/closed. If they are open a bit they are rooted. Should be all dandy though. Specially at those ks. Not a disposable item. You would notice a lack of power if they weren't sealing anyway. But yea, have a look. Always fun taking shit apart :D

just pull reeds out and inspect them. if it needs changing then chuck a dcent performance set in there. i'm sure on a street magic you can get mean ones. dunno bout the 110 though.

cleaning exhaust = blowtorch and a bit of petrol. burn it out. shouldn' coke up too bad/will burn itself reasoably clean under normal use if you run decent, and the correct ratio of, oil

yeah would be.

I ran, and would only run, castrol TTS or better.

tis like 25 bucks for a litre but my last bike went remarkably better after draining all teh shit $8/litre marine/lawnmower shit from it.

apparently.... cant recall the brand. elf? synth 2stroke stz is the bidness. only place you could get it in palmy was gull, of all places.

my brake and clutch dude ended up grabbing a few bottles for me, but i sold the bike so joke's on him