anyone need any parts fabricated?

Smit

Hrmm might as well get a quote since im about to orser manifolds from overseas.

1. ca18det lowrise manifold stainless

2. ca18det highrise manifold mild or steam pipe.

Both need external wastegate flanges

Thanks

Also can you weld a wastegate flange directly to the housing for me?

ofr the ca18det manifolds need original manifold to jig from...

but can do, have done sr20det ones in the past can show photo.

as for welding a wastegate onto a cast iron existing not worth it as will crack. so not worth it........

can def tig can do all welding.

cheers

it is actually my flatmate but is an engineer so you name it doesnt have to be just to do with cars....

cheers

as for welding a wastegate onto a cast iron existing not worth it as will crack. so not worth it........cheers

It can be done. Seen it done many times in pics and twice in real. Guess ya need the right rods etc, im unsure.

Anyways, if that's a nogo how about fixing a wastegate flange to an existing stainless manifold? Price?

Cheers

as for welding a wastegate onto a cast iron existing not worth it as will crack. so not worth it........

It's sweet to weld to cast, you just have to have the know how to make the metal work for you. Have done a lot over the years for work, easy fast and cheap way of fitting an external. When done right it will not crack!!! Plus you get the bonus of keeping the cast manifold as most people just daily drive their cars, not race them or show and shine!

i am aware of the process in welding cast iron but even then it isnt guaranteed... can be very temperamental when constant heating and cooling is involved. would rather not do it as i cant guarantee it isn't gonna crack. if you wanna do it be my guest.

more experienced in stainless,aluminium and steel have done cast iron in the past but is not my preference..

cheers :wink: