Flywheels Exploding

zep

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told that the twincam (X20XEV) ones are huge, but it turns out they are essentially the same as the C20NE ones. It looked to be in better condition and didn't have holes drilled out of it from factory ballancing like the C20NE one did, so we opted to use the twincam one as it has probably been cast from a better material.

Yeah man, the ecotec I have is X20XEV. The first letter "X" or "C" is the 'generation' of the engine, but use much the same block so you can pretty much link them together, just X can after C. The C22SEL looks identical and comes in the Vectra B also, but is a completely different engine.

The next X is the compression of the engine, X meaning greater than 10:1 I think it is, though N and S mean different things also. This may be where the sluggishness comes from in the 2.2L? The V at the end just means it was the Volume engine - the most common released in that model. Thats how I understand it to be anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
Quick question. Is a 10lb flywheel to light for a 200hp engine? (Factory meat been cut in half + some)

I'm aiming for 200hp eventually and my flywheel was 22lb now 12lb. I think you could go to 10lb in a light car, I haven't noticed any detrimental effects of using the light flywheel.

Oh and for the purposes of this thread, it hasn't exploded yet :):)