Meeanee Meet Swapage and car show

Leebo3

Marineland street rods main swap meet and car show stz, on Sunday 6th of May, at the Napier speedway down Sandy Rd Meeanee. I will chuck a map up soon of where it is. Hopefully we can get some oldschoolers rockin to it, i think dirty dave/sykov6 will be there with one of those pretty white coats on telling everyone where the fuck to go haha.

Chur

I think there is a rod run on sat too sometime but syko will know more than me.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You dont need to be a rod to go in the show Cazza! Are you putting your car in the show hamish? For the run on saturday you have to pay $55, thats for lunch and some shit. Just need to find out the dude to get hold of.

Its prob easier describing where to go but here is a map. http://www.wises.co.nz/l/Hawkes+Bay/Mee ... n/6lv7f/0/

But simply, as you come into Hastings, dont go on the express way keep going through Hastings on Maraekakaho Rd, you come to a round about thats by a BP and Caltex, go straight at the round about then you are on Pakowhai Rd, keep going on that road till you get to the Pakowhai Village,( its real small) and when in Pakowhai fang a right at the GAS Petrol station into Brookfields rd.

When on brookfields rd just keep cruising, you will come to a single lane bridge, quite a big one, then Brookefields rd turns into Sandy rd and the speedway and venue is all there.

If lost flip me a txt and i will try to help a boe out.

Well, quite an event full rod run, one 46 coupe got fucked up when an old shitty holden commodore locked its brakes on a bridge and crossed the centre line, and the 46 mounted the kerb and rail of the bridge. Pics to follow.

See you tomorrow boes.

Guest hamish
You dont need to be a rod to go in the show Cazza! Are you putting your car in the show hamish? For the run on saturday you have to pay $55, thats for lunch and some shit. Just need to find out the dude to get hold of.

nah my car wont be there.

saw the cruise yesterday thou, was on my way home from a mornings fishing and hello heres a few hundred rods driving past.

i was a bloody danger to the road i tell ya, was looking everywhere but where i was driving.

headin down soon too the meet. will be my daughters first swapmeet and second car show :D (5 months old)

Yeah the cruise got alot of attention, probably cos me and syko were in it :P

Here are some pics, first up we went to Arataki Honey -

arataki.jpg

Then on the way to the local club for lunch, look what happens. If i had of been 3-5 seconds later, it would have been cooon in the rail of the bridge.

coupe.jpg

coupe3.jpg

coupe4-1.jpg

coupe4.jpg

And there was another accident with all the traffic being backed up, an old lady in a corona came in way to hot and smashed into a people mover, which hit a hilux which hit this

P1010330.jpg

Damage wasnt to bad to it though

Zomg 2 birds

P1010340.jpg

P1010335.jpg

And the 'big arse helmet'

P1010342.jpg

P1010332.jpg

P1010346.jpg

I love this ranchero, has an XR8 motor in it, it cost the guy $65 to go from wanganui to napier plus another 100km in the run. The same guy has the "56 XR6" alien car.

P1010331.jpg

Sykos beast

syko.jpg

P1010338.jpg

Was an absolute awesome weekend, 125 cars were on the cruise and 200+ people at the party on sat night, dave was owning that dance floor big time too :lol:

Big sig to you oldschoolers that rocked up, especially from welly its a big trip to do in the day, i hardly saw you cunts though.

Rorkin

There were cyclists on the bridge, so the traffic was going real slow, and then this dude in a primered up commodore wagon was going way to fast, locked his brakes, crossed the centre line, the coupe got OTJ hard bowl and just clipped the kerb which is about a foot high then mounted the rail which saved there ass big time.

We turned around and a guy in the following car told us to chase after a silver 4x4, which we got but it wasnt there fault! Got excuss to thrash the car/80mph haha.

I saw the hole thing happen and had to talk to the police, which asked why my number plate is Cooon rofl.