Fuel pressure

lowlancer

What sort of fuel pressure should I be aiming for with a fuel injected turbo engine? Think it may be core of my problem. Does 60psi sound right?

What causes low fuel pressure bar a fucked pump?

Have a fuel pressure gauge that goes up to 100psi

My engine runs 28.3psi which is more like 28psi bit hard to get the .3 thats at idle and about 35-38 under load. The pressure depends on what the injectors are designed for they all vary. Low pressure can be caused by a stuffed fuel pressure regulator and also check the voltage going to the pump if its below what the pumps rated for that will cause problems aswell.

You want a rising rate regulator for your turbo setup but you probably already got one.

Are you sure you have the regulator plumber the right way around? Sounds like as silly question, and i apologise if it hurts your feelings :P But i had the one in mine around the wrong way, and even though the gauge seemed to be reading right, the fuel pressure was wrong, because every time the revs increased the fuel pressure dropped rather than rising.

Could be worth a look....

PS 60 psi does sound rather high, i think mitsi's generally run more like 40 odd.

Perhaps Fuel can shed more light???

2.5 bar is around norm so thats ~36psi since you are forcing air into engine you will need to increase the pressure on the fuel rail for every psi of boost you force into engine.

for example if fuel rail was fixed at 10psi and you ran 10psi boost you would have no fuel so this is why there is a vaccum/boost line going to fuel regulator so when you start boosting it increases the fuel rail pressure.

most regulators are 1:1 so 60 psi on rail would sound correct if boost at ~24psi...

rising rate regulators come into play if you want to get more fuel in without upgrading injectors.

If you are running much higher amounts of boost than factory upgrading injectors is suggested and ensure pump can supply enough pressure to maintain rail pressure at maximum boost...