ball end

davidian

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bal Joint removal tip:

Poor boiled water over it. Honest I had major trouble getting the mini's one to pop free, even with a fork splitter and some decent wacking. Boiled the jug, poored it over the joint and a light tap popped it off. Give it a go next time.

Heating metal causes it to expand. (think railway tracks)

Hitting it causes it to deform/distrot momentarilly and itll pop out.

Umm, yuh. useless info. Thought youd have to heat it alot to get it to expand tho. pretty solid steel thur.

• 2 weeks later...

so got this rack out and got a mk2 one to go in

but

when i spin the right hand tie rod on it (one closest to the steering column) fuck all happens. when i spin the lefthand one, the righthand tie rod spins as well and i can see the gear inside spinning. its got me stumped as when i spin either side on the mk1 rack the other side spins as well as the gear.

does the righthand one need to be recoed or whatya reckon?

cheers

you mean on the strut end? no

the tie rods are on the rack, however when i spin one tie rod by hand nothing happens, when i spin the other one the 1st one spins as well.

on the good mk1 rack, when i spin either tie rod by hand the other one spins as wel as the gear inside.

what im trying to say is that maybe one of the tierods on the mk2 rack may be fukt