NZPC Import All-Stars - Feb 17 - Taupo

Guest MarkFleming

Guest MarkFleming

Just a quick one to inform everybody (just in case you weren't aware) of the impending battle between Reece McGregor and the HKS Skyline from Japan.

Its on February 17 at Lakeside International Dragway in Taupo.

I'm part of the organisational team so if you have any questions let me know.

Andre Simon is driving the HKS team car against Reece plus we are attempting to have every other available Pro Import and Sport Mod team on hand for the day. Next issue of NZ Performance Car will have all the matchups...

As far as support racing is concerned (for everybody else), rather than use the usual classes, we'll be running the whole day as heads-up racing with 1-second increments separating each bracket. IE: 9.90, 10.90, 11.90, 12.90, 13.90 and 14.90. If we get enough cars for a 15.90 bracket we will do so on the day but we really don't want anybody slower than the 14.90 if possible....

Gates open 7am, spectator entrance is $25, racing is $40 (if you pre-enter at http://www.lid.co.nz) and $60 on the day if you don't pre-enter. There's another $15 day licence to pay to NZDRA if you're not already licenced.

Hit me with any other questions and I'll post up here.....one last thing, accomodation is already very thin on the ground around Taupo so I would suggest you get on to it now if you intend to stay over....

Guest MarkFleming

The HKS driver has retired and is now concentrating on building his own business. Andre was chosen by HKS Japan to drive because he already has a working relationship with them and is a recognised driver of quick AWD cars....

Check out http://www.lid.co.nz and go to their weathercam in early Feb - you may just get a sneak preview of Andre testing the car in private....and don't ask for a specific date cos I'm not at liberty to say....

Another question.

Last time i went to taupo was for the opening event and parkin/walking watchin sucked bigg time.

Do ya still have to walk all the way up the straight?

Grandstands yet?

Can ya set aside a place for "oldschool.co.nz" parking so i dont have to walk as far? :lol:

Guest MarkFleming

Unfortunately you're still in for the long haul around the back of the circuit.....not much we can do with this apart from making your walk as enjoyable as possible.....more on that later in the weeks to come....

As far as Grandstands are concerned....there's now seating for 12,000 (Yes, double the amount of Willowbank) down the side of the dragstrip. The 'stands are over 6 metres high and the viewing is fantastic.

As far as a special area for oldschool....unfortunately the available real estate inside the complex just doesn't allow it.....we have a Skylinesdownunder display on but that's as far as we are going at this stage.

The only way to get into the pits with your car will be to enter as a competitor either beforehand or on the day.....

• 2 weeks later...

Okay everybody, please take this with a preceding apology before going on to read this posting. Realise that Parkside Media have put five full months of planning and promotion into this event. We have thrown everything we had at making sure NZPC Import Allstars was the one you remembered for the summer of 2007. We also intend to carry on promoting professional, entertaining and tight drag racing shows in New Zealand.

Little did we know that when we began promoting NZPC Import Allstars a curve ball was going to hit us just two weeks before the big day.

Over the weekend a couple of forums started mentioning the HKS car was never coming to New Zealand. I personally answered the questions saying it was in a container on the way here...it still is, but read the HKS letter we received.

Its now patently obvious that while the car is coming here, it is not going to race. Yes, you can come to Taupo on February 17 and be completely entertained but realise due to circumstances outside our control the HKS car is only on display.

Although this will not be as you anticipated, for those who really want to see the HKS car in the flesh, this will be the last time ever (apart from flying to Japan). On a more positive note I am thankful HKS advised us of their change of plans in advance as I would hate to see people turning up on the day without knowing the situation. All I can say, is stick with us and come to Taupo for February 17, we still intend to put on the best day's racing and a ton of entertainment.

In place of the HKS car we will now have Glenn Suckling in his Mag and Turbo Warehouse/GDS Motorsport Skyline matched up with Reece McGregor. We all know this isn't exactly the same, however, Glenn has been chasing a seven all last season and and has run as close as 8.0 last weekend. Well, this is going to be one of those Skyline showdowns which is still well worth the price of admission. This is going to be a down and dirty drag race as opposed to racing the clock. We have them lined up to hit track five times during the day, with the last three being for the title of Skyline Champion of the World...

In the next couple of days I will confirm all the rest of the contenders for the day...please stick with us, once again this curve ball was completely out of our hands and although the HKS car will be at Taupo on Feb 17, it is for display purposes only.

hksletter.jpg

HKS nanas shoulda let it go out in flames/style/a bang.

cant get parts for it my ass. its hks. they can have what they like :rolleyes::shock::twisted:

mega lols on the hotwires

also, exactly, so full of shit stz.

r33 gtr's = on every street corner in japan

any other parts would be HKS anyway. so they would have designs on computers. whip them up in minutes STZ.

so full of shit