underseal??!!!

jaymz

Guest kornstar

is that the black tar shit? sticky as fuck?

i had a ton of that in my kingys boot, best to scrape it off if u can, then wire brush in drill the rest to finish

dont know what stuff your talking about, if its the stuff on the outside of the car, underneath etc, then try scraping as much off with a chisel /paint scraper, then attack the rest with petrol and fuckloads of rags.

if you talking about the sound deadening shit on the inside of the car. then aparently dry ice on it for about 20mins, then smack it a few times with a copper hammer (as to not dent the metal) then attack it with a chisel.

once you strip it all off what do you put in its place?

I used POR15 Metal Ready

http://www.por15.co.nz/POR15Prod/metalready.htm

Followed by POR15

http://www.por15.co.nz/POR15Prod/rustprevpaint.htm

Then coated it with underseal..... I didn't want to do it again :wink:

how did you get the underseal back on, Some dumb arse has taken it off the floor of my capri. Been told it never had it. But as the car was sold new in CHCH it was done before it went to the yard.

I know you can spray it on but how the hell do you get it high enough to work under it. Using axle stands I'd still need 6 midgets on roller skates.

how did you get the underseal back on, Some dumb arse has taken it off the floor of my capri. Been told it never had it. But as the car was sold new in CHCH it was done before it went to the yard.

I know you can spray it on but how the hell do you get it high enough to work under it. Using axle stands I'd still need 6 midgets on roller skates.

The trick is to use the brush on under seal :wink:

or put the car on its side. rotissory would be mint. have only seen them for vw's tho but are no doubt made for other cars

also iv seen like 'roll bars' that you attatch to your wheel nuts then you can roll the car onto its side without any damage and its easy to do

or put the car on its side. rotissory would be mint. have only seen them for vw's tho but are no doubt made for other cars

I'd have killed for a rotissory... I was covered head to toe in sticky half melted underseal by the end of the day.

also iv seen like 'roll bars' that you attatch to your wheel nuts then you can roll the car onto its side without any damage and its easy to do

The bogan way of doing that is to roll it on to a couple of matresses :shock:

por15 = teh win, probably the best substance known to man, close second is probably linseed oil = does everything

*known to man refers to used on cars no doubt

POR15 rocks! ....I'm toying with redoing the out side of the car with the UV tolerant POR15.... with a roller, a true Getto pait job :wink: