where to get head work in auckland

d.p.n.s

There is a guy on the corner of Porana and Sunnybrae Rds in Glenfield who I think will do a good job. I've had 2 heads crack tested and refaced by him and he seems pretty onto it.

I think it's just called the Cyclinder Head Shop

Yeah as zep said, the cyclinder head shop. I asked the guy about porting and he told me anyware between 300 and 800 bucks because he hadnt ported a gemini head before. Hes bound to have done a fair few pintos so I'd rock up and he'll probably be able to give you pretty accurate estimate.

fuck me realy $2500 :rolleyes:

yeh dont need that much work

just a bit of a skim and a good port and polish

will do it 8)

With pinto heads its not about how much you want skimmed etc.. You pay more for Rodgers to do your head because you know your result is guarenteed. Paying for his knowledge on the head basically. With a pinto head you want somone who knows what the fuck they doing. Believe it or not all head places dont.

id say for a decent pinto port job worth money pay over $800. If your not going to spend that much id buy a diegrinder and David Vizzards book and do it yourself. Prob get better results.

Ps. Have a search, this topic has been covered before. Also heaps of topics on pinto port work have been discussed also. :wink:

• 1 month later...