EFI_LC's Torana

cute wee gem

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
do you know if the lc shares the same share instrument pod as the hb torana? I have seen a few 6 dial dash's from lc's on aus ebay and they look the same as the 6 dial hb viva gt ones.

Well considering they share the same chassis up to the firewall, and the door skins are the same apart from door handle recess on the LC/J windscreen and everything is interchangable with HB I reckon they would mate. I actually have a spare if you want to check?

• 5 months later...

Woohoo!

12.995@106.85

I finally broke into the 12's with a normally aspirated pushrod inline 6 cylinder that first saw production in 1963 in the EH Holden as a Red 149/179. My car is 40 years old and I have built it to similar specs to the engine in the 1973 Brock Torana.

They are not the best designed head as they aren't even crossflow so

I never had it all my way though.

First run was only a 14.2 @ , I did another similar so did a quick check and tinker then went a 13.8, another tinker then 13.3 and 13.4 a further tinker, one last run before we started competition so tried another slight adjustment and cracked a 12 :D

I tried 2 more runs but could only manage 13.1 and 13.3.

The biggest reason would have to be the LSD was set up properly by my mate who built the engine and has given me some tips.

I guess I should reflect on this engine as its a good package.

Ask the experts in Oz and they will say the 9-port is the best head but I run a 12-port.

Roller rockers are budget ones.

Cam isn't even running at its optimum compression 10:1 as it should be 12:1, its also less than .5" lift so not radical.

Ignition is stock VH Commodore.

Clutch/friction plate is stock 1-tonner

Flywheel is stock lightened

Crankshaft is blue motor which I modified with an angle grinder

Carburation is 3x45DCOE twin throat weber sidedraughts with 38mm chokes

Gearbox is stock 4-speed

Diff is a 4-pinion LSD

• 1 month later...

Well its time to get serious over summer and start changing the geometry of the handling. I hope to improve it for drag racing as well as circuit.

This shot shows it with the 225x50x15 on the front which is being readied for some circuit fun. I picked up the ROH wheels for $40 for 4 a while back

IMG_0268600x450.jpg

It sits a bit too low on the front which I hope to fix which should make it handle a bit better. The front wheels helped lift it a bit and already it feels better.

IMG_0267600x450.jpg

Just thought I would throw this in as well,

IMG_0256600x450.jpg