Help doin tappets on a Mitsi in Welly

two_days_late

Yo guys,

Would anyone here be keen to help me do the tappets on a car this weekend. Its a mitsi mirage, about a 94. twin cam, 1600 i think? I dont know anythin about them but the tappets are noisy as hell and need doing. I know its not a very big job for someone who knows what their doing. I'll shout a box of piss.

Cheers

Matt

Unless it's a MIVEC engine, it will have hydraulic lifters - which you can't adjust or set or anything. When they get old and the valve inside the lifter gets blocked up they make a noise which could be mistaken for tappet noise.

Either take them out and soak in diesel for 24h or replace all 16 of them ($$).

You can try Proma MBL8 additive that seems to help alot with mitsis and subarus with the lifter noise.

Use that proma stuff its awsome for ticky engines it also helps to lengthen the life ect. I have it in all my engines and swear by it.

Motor up! Blows motors up! Been hearing that terrible tapping noise in my daily Galant. I shall shell out some cash for some. Is it just a oil additive?

• 3 months later...
Guest head_tech

there hydrylic knuckle! dirty oil id say...try changing your oil more. once they noisey it wont go away even if you bleed the lifters but you can try.........