autonerd's 1975 BMW 2002 rebuildup

dylan

Yuh this is me going nuts. Thats fantastic. I love it. New favourite car on the site.

It must go hard with a 2.8 build M20! They go well enough with a 2 litre M10 between the struts!

How do you find the GC coilovers? Im quite keen on them myself. Have thought about grabbing a set for my E28 at some point.

How have you found wiring up megasquirt with a motronics system? Im guessing it was previously motronics, at least I think all 2.5/2.7s were, easy enough if it was L-jet!

French lights look badass on the front too.

I love everything about it! Awesome work man. Best 02 Ive seen in ages, man it must haul ass.

Absolutely awesome. Thats pretty inspirational man. Great to see all the little details are being seen to without going overboard like some modifiers do. If I was to imagine my dream beema it would be something very similar to that! Good work. haha, without getting all emo an shit.. :oops:

Yuh this is me going nuts. Thats fantastic. I love it. New favourite car on the site.

It must go hard with a 2.8 build M20! They go well enough with a 2 litre M10 between the struts!

How do you find the GC coilovers? Im quite keen on them myself. Have thought about grabbing a set for my E28 at some point.

How have you found wiring up megasquirt with a motronics system? Im guessing it was previously motronics, at least I think all 2.5/2.7s were, easy enough if it was L-jet!

French lights look badass on the front too.

I love everything about it! Awesome work man. Best 02 Ive seen in ages, man it must haul ass.

actually, not running yet :cry: the megasquirt is giving more trouble than i thought. once i get it flashed correctly, ill be able to get it in the car and break in the engine. then i can finally clean it and take some pics!

the GC coilovers can actually be bought on their site. they're one of only maybe 2 companies that make stuff specifically for the 02. i had to cut off the old collars and weld on new ones, i hope my welds are strong enough.

125_2587.jpg

they might have something for the E28. id imagine all you need is the right collar and to get the height right. you might be able to shorten the strut too and fit a shorter insert. Ive never seen an E28! dam badass! :twisted: i'd love to have a sedan. i love the 2000s too

the MS isnt too bad if you just do fuel control. i think i shouldve used the stock Motronic box to control spark, but i jumped into the deep end. or else, my car might be runnin already. i kinda had to though, with the compression increase. cali gas sucks so i thought it woulda been easier than just getting the motronic reburned.. boy was i WRONG :lol:

thanks for the comments guys! im ready to move to NZ already. I just cant believe you guys have old skylines. that alone is worth selling off all my crap and gettin a visa. love the old school rides

gimme your cars :!:

that thing is so hot

re the alternator belt - my friend used to have a viscous fan and welded it up, the belt started squealing because it was so hard to turn, he changed to electric fans and problem solved, you are probably running electric already though

what do you have to do to make it road legal in your neck of the woods? any inspection or registration or anything like that?

as of right now (frickin arnold always tryin to change them) the laws are that any vehicle pre-'76 is emissions-exempt. All I have to do is take it to get registered and that's it.. i hope.

yep.. got electric fan. im suspicious of the alternator though. if it's trying to charge so high, wouldn't it need a rediculous amount of toque to turn? ..thus squealing like a korean hooker? :x

yep.. got electric fan. im suspicious of the alternator though. if it's trying to charge so high, wouldn't it need a rediculous amount of toque to turn? ..thus squealing like a korean hooker? :x

Yeap, may have a short somewhere so the alternator is getting f**k loads of current drawn, hence why it is so hard to turn. Afew of those other probs sound like earthing aswell, but I'm no auto sparky.

Man your car is so awesome. Jeeze. I think you should just pull those oil pipes in a tiny bit though, maybe an inch or so. Luv the boso, just not too much sticky outie.