toyota drifters notchy stz y0

Sparkle

take it to the dirty nissans in d1nz

ooo I like the sound of that. d1nzs almost a waste of time tho due to fag factor.

se85 sounds crack up. Great plan tho, should be a weapon with that extra torque over a 4age. Which generation 3s-gte are you going for, is it the dirty old slant one?

• 1 year later...

Fuck dude. Gutted about that cunt smashing all your windows and shit. That sort of stuff usually works out for the best though. Had a mate that got his car kicked in and when they caught the guy he got a couple grand pay out and managed to get a whole heap of rust fixed at the same time :)

I like the write up on water re-routing too. I think theres a couple people that might benifit from that info for their conversions.

So do you now have a rear sump or have you stayed with it at the front and just cut it down and added wings? If you were to do this again would you just splash out a little extra for BEAMS due to the extra power and the ease of having the FWD-RWD water and sump issues already sorted?

I now hav a 1s or a 2s sump not excally sure what model it is from, but it has factory top baffeling layer unlike one of the rwd s series sumps that came with the motor, i have also added winged a hinged baffles to this as well to try and keep the oil in the centre so that i don't suffer from the usal 3sgte run bearing issues, have also fitted a an oil feed that runs from the exhust side of the head down to one of the wings in the sump.

The main reason i went with the gen 2 motor was i got motor, bell and about 4 boxs of 3s realted parts for 400 huck, if i was to start again i would use a gen 4 or gen 5 celdina motor as they have the dual factory oil drains from the head.

I will attempt to taake some pictures this weekend of sump :P

The main thing that made me go 3s or 4agte was fact that i know that the 3s can produce massive low end tourque which is what i want. Will also produce simlar power to a 4agte on less boost and once i forge the motor next year and do some head work cams 300+kw is very achivable :P

As for damge for the Lawn Mower Man, will hopefully get a decent enuff quote to be able to replace all the broken windows with lexan, and am going to charge them for a set of fiberglass wide body front gaurds :P

Im suprise moreo people havnt attempted this conversion cause imo the 3sgte is the best 4 cylinder turbo motor to come outta japan bar the fj20det

TTT... thats a small garage in a like storage unit type thing right? out in onehunga? went out there to see him about S12 parts. is that silvia still in there? what a fucking weapon!

Yeah Chris's S12 is still in the work shop shall be pretty damn savage when finshed heheh fj20det with gt 35/40 and 8 injectors with a dirty 30 odd psi of boost shall be fun, it's currently getting a coil over conversion done to rear end :P

Mikeeeeee, yeah was a really hard decsion to pull the 3au, rerally wanted to go down the single cam turbo path with a huge gt42 strapped to the saide of a full forged and balanced 3au yeah baby :P

Was actually the fact that i got the 3s for 400 bucks that sealed the deal :P

Hey bro you should chuck up some pics of the water setup and the dizzy as my mates doing the same thing into his starly we're still going to move the firewall but would be nice to save more space. We did exactly the same thing on the inlet manifold crack up

Awesome project man. Pretty keen to see what you've done to the sump and oilage/baffle setup as it could help me heaps with my conversion.

Do you run a 2s sump with the oil pickup or the original 3s pickup? Whats the winged sump from or did you make it?

I use the 3sgte oil pick up way bigger then the 2s or 1s one's and even thou woamn deny it size does matter :P

My sump is a hybrid of a 3sgte sump, 2s sump, and a heap of custom work, really needs pictures to explain it best aye will try and take some soon, I'm 100% postive that my motor will last even thou its been mount stright up and down,

Spencer

Ill try and take some pictures of the water piping and of the cut down dizzy this week for you, ive basically got the motor mounted as far back as it will go in the 85 with out touching the firewall, my plenium is actually from a mates ra23 which was running 3sgte years ago, its been modifyed a far bit now to fit into the 85 will take some pic's of it to.

If you guys have any othere questions or want pictures of anything it's prob best to tell me now before motor and box go back into the hole for the final time :P

• 1 month later...

Have ordered paint now, Toyota Gun Metal grey that is on all the new prado's might go two tone later one but will start with the gun metal grey to begin with.

Best thing to do, if you are going to do this conversion start with a gen 3 or onwards motor as these will run striagh up and down with no mods required.

Also the dual VVti head's off the Alteezza's are only worth the effort if you can afford a Motec ecu to make full advantge of the vvti, but apparntly there is an ecu in ozzy called an adaptortronic which alot of ozzy 86 guys are using when converting to beams and they seem to be getting some great results out of them.

So any help with fuel pump's advice options, ive got s hsit load of pics but no idea on size chnaging and stuff, any computer geeks wanna help me :P

Apparently the Altezza PowerFC works fine with the dual VVTi

It does but then you are forced to run the factory air flow metre, as they do no do a map senosred version of the altezze power fc. The biggest issue with uning the beams motor is to do with vibrations of air flow going through the airflow metre casueing it to give out wacked reading resulting in a poor running car

Get a adaptronic, autronic or Motec

Or stop wasting ya time with a beams and jsut go f20c