Light power

peteretep

oh didnt notice it was still on gen.

that makes heaps of difference. chnged my mk1 to alternator for same reason. tis a piece of piss to do, shouldn't take ya more than half an hour, maes a ton of difference... if you've got the 6 clock daash, the voltage gauge its up considerably higher with the lights on with an alt than it does on gen.

do that, see how it goes, then chuck relays at it, and ditch the arctic style bulbs - they kill light, and get some HELLA xenon ultra bulbs, nice n white.

cool, I'll look into some relays and heavier wire, I know that I need to change to an alternator but im not really electrical, and theres no where good on the net for the conversion.

And with the square headlights, it alot of work to change so that will stay the same. Its funny how ford originally thought that square headlights were better, the crap models have round lights until about '73 when they realised that the square ones suck anus, too bad they kept them for the mk2

cool, I'll look into some relays and heavier wire, I know that I need to change to an alternator but im not really electrical, and theres no where good on the net for the conversion.

And with the square headlights, it alot of work to change so that will stay the same. Its funny how ford originally thought that square headlights were better, the crap models have round lights until about '73 when they realised that the square ones suck anus, too bad they kept them for the mk2

Yearp. FORD is wack. The oblong mk1 lights are ugly. Almsot first mod I did was ditch them.