4g63t turbos

Guest 82EVO

ive managed 2 score a cheap turbo sohc 4g63 for th lancer, its in good cond (3 0wner) but iis still 20 years old so i wana recondition it but i want to upgrade the turbo. does anyone know any good ones that will bold up?

cheers

has anybody put a TD turbo on a TC manifold??? i always thought that they had a different exhaust manifold pattern??? i know the outlet to the exhaust is different (unless you've got a late model 12 valve engine), 3 bolt unstead of 4 but this wouldn't be a major to get around.

would definitly be interested to find out for sure, i've been planning a bit of a TC05/TC06/TD05 combo (housings from the TC's and internals from the TD are meant to make a pretty good combination) but TD05 would be a hell of a lot easier.

cheers

Matt

I know for a fact that tc05 will bolt straight up to a vr4 td05 manifold, the tc05 i have is an 070 housing, and the holes line up perfectly, ie the manifold and turbo housing are the exact same bore, however if you are going to a larger housing ( to flow more gas ) tdo5 big 16g is an 080 housing AFAIK, then you would need to do some porting to smooth the gas flow. so going on these observations there is no reason that it shouldn't work in reverse.

• 3 weeks later...