To overflow or to not overflow

HUNTD

I am getting sick of topping up my radiator fluid. What does everyone recomend/do? Is it just a case of stfu and fill that shit up or get a overflow. Would i need to get another radiator cap if i had an overflow bottle?

Im tempted jsut to rangi up some bottle just to catch all that precious coolant that drips out

Is it even meant to do this? :?

perfectly normal , itll just keep doing it.....you can just go 'fuckit' if you want because itll get to a certain level then stop emptying . or u could 'rangi' up some botlle and get the hose on the rad to go into the bottom of it , then half fill the bottle with coolant , cap should be fine , so long as it has a vacuum cap , (look at the bottm and in the center there will be a flap type thing ) , if it does she'll be sweeeeet

mongol

you can get a tidy factory looking overflow tank from supercheap for $10 looks alot tidier than a beer can or fizzy bottle. also check your rad cap as it might be bit sad in the spring/seal area and could be bypassing more than it needs to

That sounds like the deal... already replaced radiator cap

Thanks for the replies

Make sure you have a radiator cap with the right pressure rating bro, mine used to have that problem..

Oh yea if it is right but coolant still comes out, then theres probably a little bit too much in the radiator. It'll emtpy out as much as it needs and then its sweet.

Guest WESTCORT
you can get a tidy factory looking overflow tank from supercheap for $10 looks alot tidier than a beer can or fizzy bottle. also check your rad cap as it might be bit sad in the spring/seal area and could be bypassing more than it needs to

fully gona do one with a beer can, ill find me an old db bitter to suit the green of the car :D