ca18det

Guest Demonmk2

yeah.. why you looking for a price without labour? ive known of some people who say theyll do jobs like this for people but pull out when someone gets serious.. and youre sure as hell not doing it yourself.. labour is a high cost

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

whats the price (estimate) of building a 2l turbo sierra/cortina engine cause i can get a engine and 5 speed box for around the 300 bux mark and im serious about deciding to turbo it if its even worth it

How much do you know about cars? do you think you are going to drop the engine off at the garage and tell them to turbo it?

Can you even get insurance on a turbo as you are still in school.. I highly doubt it.

My first turbo 2L I did for $3000.. maybe just over. But this was doing most of it myself, buying 2nd hand parts and deals and having mates who knew what they were doing.

I do however have a complete kit that you could bolt straight on for around $2500. It's an oldschool turbo pinto kit:

http://www.retrotech.co.nz/2Lturbokit_article.html

but do your really have $3000 to spend? shit, I never had that kinda money when I was at school. :rolleyes:

Guest Demonmk2

lol yes i werk on the side road... nah my uncle is a hot rod builder and i can get help from him etc and im a good saver,and yes bmwsparkle im just doing it for the whoopish sound ................:D

hahaha,

what he is saying is that to get one of those kits you need a time machine aka a De Lorian to travel back to 1985 where you could purchase that kit from Andrew Ford in Auckland.

Other than that, I believe my kit is the only one complete and available left in New Zealand, possibly Australasia.

Guest Demonmk2

actually yeah would b funny lol but i want 150hp cause then it can get me to 100 in around 8 sec's better than my 11.5 at the mo