Weber carb accelerator cable

Guest WESTCORT

Guest WESTCORT

came across a problem when i was supposed to be finishing the installation of my engine :x:x:x

what accelerator cable and mount did anyone here use when they went from a standard carb to a weber? i have a 1300gt accelator cable and mount but the end of the cable is a ball, and the link from my acceraltor to the cable is a ball also, one needs to be a socket to hold the ball end of the cable...

what did anyone else do to solve this problem?

Guest WESTCORT

my orginal accelerator cable wont fit because it needs to sit back further and the cable that came with it doesnt match the cable from the accelerator pedal, i need a linkage off a mk1 cortina gt aparently which im not even going to TRY to find!

So im gona make a plate that the original cable and mount sits on.. its about an inch to the left (if your looking at the firewall) so that the metal bar that goes from cable mount, to throttle clip on the carb is perpendicular to the carb, which shud be better than if its at a big angle

Yea, with mine I just bolted the mount on the right hand side of the linkage to the left-most hole on the manifold mounting, just used the one bolt, which brings it about an inch left... (hope that makes sense :P ) lol

I think I needed to mod the shaft that clips onto the carb linkage too, if you're stuck with that Ill try to remember what I did....

Guest WESTCORT

its not a full on kink but like a tight bend from it being moved across more, i cant feed any more through the firewall so theres almost an excess on the engine bay side of things i cant see how it would be a problem but you never know,

When I needed a throttle cable for my efi setup I used a MK1 cable which is stupidly long and it happened to be the right length. Then I went to a Motorcycle place and got a new inner cable made up with the correct cyclinder shaped end on it for $30.

dunno if this helps.. :rolleyes: