Start up

Guest kornstar

Guest kornstar

what are the factors that make it hard or take a while for a car to startup?

And when i start the kingy up, when its cold it spits out a bit of black oily shit, but only for a few mins when it warming up, wtf is the cause of that? and how can i fix it?

Guest Jamezuu

Carby mixture a bit lean, timing out or incorect point gap are most common. Get a bit on fine sandpaper and give the points a clean up, or turning the mixture screw out a tad.

Pull off the holden badge and replace it with a ford..maybe that will help :lol::lol:

just kidding. Black watery shit out the back doen't matter, the water means complete combustion which is a good thing. Also dirty plugs can be a factor causing a bitch start. Probably a bit rich too...

Guest kornstar

not when ive had it, and i no the previous owner didnt, it just turns over for ages like its waiting for fuel or something, ill give the plugs a good clean and see if that helps.

my car. sum mornings it wont start unless i gets jump started. duno why. other mornings you turn it over for ages then at the right time you stop turning it over then put youre foot on the gas then like a second later it starts. without turning it over. i dont know. its weird

Umm, new piston rings = heaps of compression = harder to start... havent put new rings in it lately have you :lol:

Twas a joke but anyway...

Maybe you need a new battery to give the starter more balls. I got no choke an I still get it going in the mornings fine :D

my choke is weird it dont have choke plates lol it a 28/36 dcd off a 1500 corntina i think?? anyhow my new engine is a bitch to start over because of the brand spanking new rings lol , otherwise it take two rotations of the starter then braap brap brap three cyinders for a few moment then it idles nice and smooooooth :P , tends to run on for about 4 seconds after i turn it off though bahahaha