78 lancer engine swap

Guest 78lancer

The Diamantes come in a V6 don't they? That's ALMOST as good. You could run triple sidies on one of those, or a phat ass 4BBL, only problem would be getting the manifold to suit. I did see a triple sidie manifold for the Nissan VG30 V6 on trademe the other day, so anything's possible.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure about 4g5*'s, i thought they were Astron engine's and if you're going to go that way you may as well use the 2.6, apparently there's one around auckland somewhere with one thats pretty quick but i've never seen it, only heard about it. there are carby 4g63's (2 litre's) out there in sigma's and galants and they'd be a bolt in fit. i don't know much about astron engine mounts but it wouldn't be hard to fabricate something if they weren't a direct bolt in

i haven't got a spare 5 speed gearbox but there are 2 EX lancer's and one of the earlier one's (A73?) out at avondale pick a part at the moment, all manuals. not sure if they're 4 or 5 speed but at least one of them is a 1600 so it should be 5.

cheers

Matt

Havent been to pick a part for a while. I used to go there at least twice a week. That'll be a good score, looks like i've got tomorrow planned. Where abouts you live?? In the mighty west.*bow down to the west*

Guest 78lancer

low lancer - i got a pxt i can send u with chromes on, or i have couple of pictures on the other computor but i will try put them on shortly... how do i put em on??

Yeah I guess so. :D

By the way. Any one from west auckland that needs to wash their car. I got cheap carwash tokens. They work the shiz. I give them to you 75% off. :D