Mitchs is never going to finish 2zz Ke70 race car build discussion

3 hours ago, Rhyscar said:

Oh man with 9000rpms that will work out perfect! 13" wheels FTW. With 17's I need to go for a 5.3 diff!

It sounds like you need to run 13’s 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Speaking of 13's.. Did you see on FB marketplace a stack of 13" advan semi's going for $50/tyre?? Tried to tag you in it but didn't work. 

:grin: AE101 on 13's would be hilarious! I'm not even sure they tyres would touch the ground...

14 hours ago, Rhyscar said:

image.png.999bcc6261b355c353f04c5c9b1798e6.png

Yeah Darren messaged me, once shipping they become not super cheap, will wait until I have some wheels and front suspension before sorting tires 

9 hours ago, Truenotch said:

Pretty sure those are ex Formula Ford tyres. I reckon there should be a cache of them in Chch if Mitch ever gets the car rolling.

Side note: will you run 15s for track work @Rhyscar?

Yeah look like it. 

Nah I've said goodbye to 15" life. I've got 2x sets of 17s so fully committed relationship now. Zestino do a 215/40/17 with a 603mm diameter which is best of a bad situation. Haven't figured out slick sizing yet. But long-term I need to be finding a 5.3 or 5.5 above final drive to sort out the gearing. 

1 hour ago, Mitch.W said:

Yeah Darren messaged me, once shipping they become not super cheap, will wait until I have some wheels and front suspension before sorting tires 

I can probably get them to chch in May if you need. I've got a 2zz corolla on my back lawn that's being collected by the owner and taken to chch. I'm sure there'll be room for a set of tyres. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rhyscar said:

I can probably get them to chch in May if you need. I've got a 2zz corolla on my back lawn that's being collected by the owner and taken to chch. I'm sure there'll be room for a set of tyres. 

... Sounds like I need to talk to Shouty Dave about a freight run... 

• 2 months later...