Richy's Mid Life Crisis, Season 2, Episode 1, "Shit, another motorcycle!"

Snoozin

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome stuff, great photos with a good yarn too. This could be telling you to suck eggs, once you start to get more exploring under your belt it's just a matter of time before you lay it on its side (hopefully gracefully and at low speed!). It's great to lay down the bike on your lawn practice picking it up. There's a few techniques but this one is a goodie IMO

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Willdat? said:

Awesome stuff, great photos with a good yarn too. This could be telling you to suck eggs, once you start to get more exploring under your belt it's just a matter of time before you lay it on its side (hopefully gracefully and at low speed!). It's great to lay down the bike on your lawn practice picking it up. There's a few techniques but this one is a goodie IMO

Noted - and a good idea! I know it's only a matter of time until I bin it. It was a relatively frequent occurrence when I was a younger fella but I'm probably a bit more cautious now.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers! Wicked channel, it's interesting listening to some of his yarns about road riders coming unstuck on the dirt, especially in cornering/keeping body weight straight... I'm the complete opposite, I struggle with the road side of things a bit, in that I did all my riding on dirt, and still ride like that.

• 2 weeks later...

This is for sale if anyone would like a cheap bike, full disclosure, it's a bit compromised as a serious dirt machine but goes pretty well on the gravel. I want less weight and a little more ground clearance.

If no one buys it I guess I'll have to give it less of one and more of the other myself.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Willdat? said:

I'm not sure if it's something you've already done, but a lithium battery made a decent difference in terms of high up weight on my WR250R, yours is definitely looking the part though!

Had considered, but it has a new AGM battery for the time being. Maybe when that carks it I'll look at lithium!

1 hour ago, Twentypercent said:

If the popping and banging on decel gets annoying, Off the Road do little blanking plates so you can delete the AIS completely. They just bolt on to the front of the head, easy job. Made a huge difference to my battered old R.

Sweet! Does the ECU care about it, or do you just leave the solenoid tucked up somewhere with the plug in it.

6 hours ago, Snoozin said:

Sweet! Does the ECU care about it, or do you just leave the solenoid tucked up somewhere with the plug in it.

That’s exactly what I did, just put the blanking plate on, removed the section of hose from the bottom of the reed valve assembly and just left the valve in place to do its thing. Voila, much quieter. I think at the time I was keeping it reversible, but next time I have the tank off, I’ll try to remember to whip off the whole valve assembly. I reckon if I tape up the connector and blank off the air box, it’ll be fine. No point keeping the AIS without having a cat in the exhaust.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...