Identifying a classic

stevo

Sometimes the body number was stamped in a few different spots. 

Obviously first is to look on firewall, maybe its just been painted over

If it's been removed, that's a little bit of a problem 

Stuff like mustangs had multiple numbers in places like under the Fender flange, under the seat, in the foot well etc 

3 hours ago, Nominal said:

The gummint does record the engine number in the licence/ rego database, but depending on how long it's been dereg, they may not have the records any longer.

my understanding is all registered vehicles still have the paper file, but does costs a pretty penny for the search.

they must have updated some of it, as our Sunbeam Sport was listed as 'plate never issued' on carjam, as was re-vinned, but de-regoed a very long time ago.......... it now comes up as a un/de-registered Sunbeam Sport

5 hours ago, stevo said:

I'm looking at a vehicle with dead rego and no plates no body tag early 1970s

Is it possible to Identify vehicle from engine number which I have and appears to be original engine...

If so how ?

i we know the make/model, someone maybe able to tell you were to find the stamping.

have an old '56 Holden ute here with plates and possible original engine, but due to having no tags/chassis number, was told i needed to do a 'paper file search' to make sure i have 2 correctidentifiers