vk304's 85' vk holden commodore discussion

Vk304

• 2 years later...

Yea its their next generation products i guess, i believe its a crow cam just rebranded? I brought it as it was cheapish and had all the parts, they sent me the wrong memcal tho so gotta wait for that now haha. Probably not a massive power increase but should sound mint ay

9 minutes ago, Vk304 said:

Screenshot_20231026_122650_Chrome.jpg

Sweet, they definitely did not do them when I was looking a couple years ago. Crane did them but they were well over a thousand bucks just for the cam.

I wrote this response before you posted above but it might be worth saying for others knowledge, if its a cam designed for a flat tappet and you use it with roller lifters, it will fuck the roller wheel, a flat tappet cam has a very slight side to side slope on the lobe to rotate a flat tappet lifter and a roller lifter on a flat tappet profile will mean all of the valve spring pressure will be concentrated on one side of the roller wheel. It might be OK, but I would be not wanting to risk it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Your "big chip" might be an NVRAM to allow live tuning over OBD not something I've used but if you swap out for a stock ecu your mace chip will drop in.

Or get someone on pcmhacking.net to send you the .BIN file and flash it onto the existing ecu yourself.

• Thanks 1

On 26/10/2023 at 13:07, vk327 said:

beware of the mace memcal they  are spotty  at best for actually  being tuned, definitely  throw a wideband o2 at it and check fueling is safe, going off prior experience will have bugger all timing in it as well

Do you know any other options for memcals ? 

On 07/11/2023 at 18:06, Muncie said:

Your "big chip" might be an NVRAM to allow live tuning over OBD not something I've used but if you swap out for a stock ecu your mace chip will drop in.

Or get someone on pcmhacking.net to send you the .BIN file and flash it onto the existing ecu yourself.

Id need to find someone to help load it, ive been on pcm hacking and all the lingo and ecu programming just confuse me lol,

This chip is on a vs long type holder as opposed to a vt short type (as used in roller cams), i had the original chip made to delete factory security and run my vk setup, but now have a cam so need to find one to suit. 

I cannot swap it out for a stock vt ecu as its a vt roller block with a vs ute ecu that runs on MAP/multi point injection as opposed to vt MAF/AFM/seq injection/knock sensed/different wiring.

Ultimately the solution would be to run a roller cam tune in vs memcal like the one ive got.. but mace is a bit slow in replying if thats possible.