Sign in to follow this  
Beaver

Beavers Yamaha V50

Decided I needed to get a bit of big wheeled action. As much fun as the Jog is, its not really cut out for my long frame nor longer distances. So spotted a v50 on the tard and snapped it up. Trip up to Auckland with Geophy and bada bing bada boom

received_340787709906598.jpeg

Guy I bought it off had it since 2011/2012 at which time he got it off a guy from Te Aroha who worked at the council and drove it to work everyday for 20 years he reckoned. The rego had lapsed at some point so was re-registered in 2012 as a 1989 model but is actually a 79 according to the original rego details (still have a rego tag from 2003). Anyway, reg on hold so all good.

Got it home, fresh gas and oil, and fired right up. New battery and a couple of bulbs and all the electrics worked, perfect. Pulled carb to bits and cleaned out, otherwise haven't had to do much which is exactly what I wanted.

Next step was to sort out the seat. It came with a new cover, so was going to patch up the foam and redo it factory spec, but the master upholster Greg convinced me otherwise (didn't take much).

20190518_131437_tn.jpg

20190518_131421_tn.jpg

20190518_160931_tn.jpg

• Like 5

Sounds like ya got ya perfect plans in place and its a great base to start with..utilise the two stroke oil tank space for beers / tools when ya fit the Lifan

• Like 1

Just about ready for adventures. Fitted up some golden boys (tires), rather close fitment but seems to be all good....dreams of a front guard are gone haha. Tidied up the wiring etc as well so looks a lot cleaner now. 

received_2478421005772320.jpeg

• Like 7

So managed to complete the te urewera undertaking recently, 580 odd km over 3 days with the majority being gravel. Was an absolute blast and this beast handled it pretty swimmingly (better than my ability to handle it on the twisty stuff anyway).

Front guard is due to the old one not actually fitting and nearly killing me @Geophy and @GuyWithAviators before exploding, so fashioned up something from an old bike rack and a number plate to keep the shit off my face. Works a treat but looks a bit silly.

Screenshot_2019-12-03-21-06-00-89.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1