Vacuum delay valves - where can you get them?

1963 AP5

I need to get a new vacuum delay valve for my car and it seems they are a little hard to come by these days. Does anybody know where I might be able to get one of these? The color code on the old one is Brown / Black and I think this means it is a 20 second delay.

It looks like thisVac%20delay%20valve_zpshtcbfsyh.jpg

I know my Magna has/had one for the air injection pipe into the exhaust manifold for the cat converter, but I think the delay is only like 5 seconds judging by the change in tone after first starting. I guess find any 80s/90s carb engine with emissions bullshit and grab one from that.

Cool thanks everybody

I was hoping to find a local suppler that had new ones but I think scavenging Pick a Part or Zebra for the delay valve might be the way to go. I can see that they are available new in the United States but the shipping would probably cost more than the part. There must still be late 80's / early 90's cars lying around with these things on them.

Time for a treasure hunt I think!

Yep that's what they are. They can be used for a few things but in this case the function is to delay the vacuum signal to the distributor vacuum advance unit. If the delay valve is not installed the vac advance unit pulls in too much advance too early causing a little knock under light / moderate throttle application. The valve delays the vacuum signal to the advance unit long enough for the engine to build enough RPM to handle the timing advance (or for you to get off the throttle). My one appears to be blocked or something because I never get any vac advance at all.