Brents. 2016, roadster, pedal car

fagoff

Ive done up a few cars over the years ,but was always limited to mostly cosmetic work as I didn't know how to weld or fabricate metal.

Late last year after loads of research  I decided to learn mig welding and metal fabrication.I tried to find courses in my area (thames) but nothing going.So after hours on the interweb I bought myself a home mig welder, 140 amp with gas, co2..Then off to wreckers for some old car panels. I have eventually cut out and replaced most of the original metal in them then I practiced bogging and painting them.

Then I bought a fantastic how to manual on everything from welding to complex metal fabrication techniques.My new addiction is buying fabrication tools.Various hammers, dollies angle grinder a combined metal cutter bender and tube bender tool.My latest acquisition is a shrinker /stretcher tool, love it.

My first practice project was a pedal car body.I found an broken pedal car frame at the dump.And fixed it up then built a body for it out of 0.08 mm sheetmetal. Its pretty  basic but the lessons I learnt were great.

I have sold that one. I bought a pedal car frame on trademe to build the Mk2 and have just finished  the mk2 model which is a b it more complex and interesting  think. Very satisfying

My next project will be a bit more hotroddish  which I am going to build from the ground up. I have  now acquired four matching wheels so will start on that soon.

My aim is to become competent enough to replace and fabricate car panels starting with my HQ which has a few rust issues.I will try to load some pics on to the site

My next project is going to be a hotrod type of car and I am going to build it from the ground up

First two are mk1 second two are mk2

post-19159-0-75289600-1466735804_thumb.jpg

post-19159-0-37847900-1466735837_thumb.jpg

post-19159-0-27396500-1466735880_thumb.jpg

post-19159-0-20055700-1466735898_thumb.jpg

• Like 3