Woodworkers in CHCH - thicknesser work WTD

Bling

Currently making a dining table top out of ~ 20 lengths of roughly 45x45 (very roughly) timber. Some of the lengths are cut in two to reduce bowing (30 lengths total approx. Wanting to get the bow taken out of the timber and happy for the lengths to end up 40mm or so if needed.

Does anyone know of a GC with a thicknesser that would run my timber through for not much coin? Low budget project, DIY spec etc. So just thought i'd ask. Everywhere i've asked hasn't been interested. Not sure what the wood is, but might be oak or something similar. Have already cut the stock down from bowed 100x50mm 2m lengths and looking to get it as square as I can before I start putting it all together.

Will running it through a thicknesser even fix the bowing? Last resort is spending a day with the planer.

Any help appreciated.

"Pic for attention"

s5bmaciy.app.jpg

• Like 1

How does one work out the grain?

Thanks for the offer Joe, but keen to do it locally as time constraints mean if I don't finish it soonish it will sit...

Got my eye on a buzzer, so could put a few together and buzz them as suggested.

2.2m, and the part lengths vary from probably 0.6m to 1.4m.

Ah so just looking at the grain of the rings? Alternate them? /such a noob. Had use of a table saw until I got told it was being taken away today, so had to rush through all of the timber before it left.

I only plan to use thin stock but it looks about 150mm, even 100mm should do. I'm just wanting to get a few projects finished off. So needed a table saw too. Looks pretty junk, but its old, so it can't be worse than China specials. Time will tell I guess.

I know what you're saying though. I just don't want to fork out big money on something I'll likely be flicking off later.