GX60 guru needed... A few questions... Help?!?

crooked

Solid rear end 1984 gx60 - adjustable suspension, what will work?

Brakes etc, what's the best bet to get some decent callipers without changing stud pattern, or go 5x114.3??

Still have 1jz sitting here and this seems perfect now that my corona has gone to a better home.

Any help with anything related would be awsome

Thanks

Yeah keep it 4 link + panhard rod if you want to keep things simple.

IRS would be complicated to get right / doesnt share the rear floorpan with liveaxle model.

If you've got vented discs on your struts then there's zero point in going to x7 stuff.

AE86 stuff has smaller wheelbearings/calipers/discs/etc.

There are a few options for big brakes, but pretty much all of them involve running spacers and/or wheels with good spoke clearance.

If not driving on the track then good pads and fluid is by far the simplest option that will work well... The big single pot setup works pretty well.

• Like 1

I'll message ya about the engine mounts man, I'll be keen to snap em up.

Basically, I want adjustable suspension simply because I want to have it certed at a stupid height for driving on the road, I will give it a go at track days etc too. Handling is a key thing for me since it will have the 1j in it, i want it to be setup nicely.

search seedy als adjustable front strut thread for the front, as for the rear with how easy it is to take springs in and out just have a few set of cut falcon springs at different heights. i used new ke70 wagon rear shocks in the back of mine and it was

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/29372-seedy-als-guide-to-home-made-coil-overs/

I made "custom" coilovers for my coupe.

Front is 10kg spring on shortened MX73 strut housing with AE92 shock.

Rear is a custom made 7kg spring and b1600 ute shocks shortened.

Waste of time, handles quite average. If you

want it to be setup nicely.

you should buy off the shelf coilovers.

Have now bought some BC golds for the rear and trying to find some other BC strut to fit the front.

It's all in the shock quality and pairing to the spring rate. If you make "custom" suspension with adjustable shocks, it might work. But for the money spent and time wasted you may as well just get a reputable brand of coilover and make fit.

• Like 2

Also if you want it to handle well (by which I mean the best it can on a reasonable budget) then super low is not the answer.

Even my car which isn't really low is too low for the standard 4 link to give me good traction, without traction brackets. Which is half of a fix.

When you look at the 4 links they will slope down towards either the body or the diff. If it slopes down towards the body you are going to have bad traction.

But yeah probably the best thing is just set the ride height to what you think looks cool then make it work from there haha.

What off the shelf items would bolt into the front? I'm going to use a commodore vn diff with vt LSD guts, so I'll have a custom made 4 link. I realise the height isn't going to help with handling I just want it sitting nice on some 16's.. After I do the suspension i will need to take into account the engine swap. I have the engine just looking for a box. But mainly wanting to setup the suspension and have it sitting nicely as I'll daily drive it until I have everything for the conversion