throttle pedal with bellcrank

flyingbrick

Hi all.

I need a throttle pedal assembly that will send the throttle cable LEFT along the inside of the firewall. Basically there needs to be a bellcrank (or something) there to turn the direction of movement 90 degrees.

My current pedal pivot is welded to the firewall and its not a great base to start with constructing my own assembly so I'm HPING someone has an idea or knows of something already available.

I'm not great at explaining stuff so hope that makes sense

OK so here is a shit drawing to show what I'd like to achieve.

Basically its a birds eye view of my carb. The red line is how my throttle cable is now. It causes a bit of drag because the snake has to snake through so many degrees.

If I put a bellcrank onto the throttle pedal I can run the cable as per the blue line which makes things super clean and simple.

Alternatively if I could put a bellcrank on the carb then I could route the cable as per the green line.

Obviously anything is possible but there MUST be an off the shelf(or junk pile) solution.

Screenshot_2014-11-16-19-16-02.png

I should look into that but might need a longer cable.

One of the main issues is that its a shitty path back there because of the dizzy.

And my cable maybe isn't long enough to let it flow into a larger S shape.

Other options include turning my carb 180 degrees or 90 degrees (dunno how this manifold works under the carb)

I could have a shaft and linkages under my dash also then a short cable from carb to firewall directly back

Can't believe there aren't heaps of readily available options for this